ALERT: To fully understand this report you should first visit the topics suggested by the CAP Table of Contents.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY / COMMENTARY:
"The Mod Squad" -- with a modern attitude. Linc, Julie, and Pete are back -- but with an attitude commensurate with the 90s. And language commensurate with the 90s entertainment industry.
The basic story of bad kids taken off the streets by a cop with a soft spot for hardluck (or bad choices) stories. The no-gun trio fights gun-toting criminals just like the originals did in the TV series. BUT, all the invasive programming typical of R-rated programming was there. Teen drinking. Most foul language. Vulgar gestures and behavior. Murder. Gun battles. And, of course, sex. The movie was so routine that I have forgotten too much of it already to be able to build you a credible and flowing presentation of it. It is a good thing I write down the examples of invasive and possibly corruptive programming. I will leave this analysis presentation to the listing of ignominy in the Findings/Scoring section. Besides, to build your assessment of a movie you should rely more on the facts -- the objective numbers and maybe the listing of findings -- than on my summary of the findings.
FINDINGS / SCORING:
NOTE: Multiple occurrence of each item described below may be present in the movie.
Wanton Violence/Crime (W):
• stupidity with a firearm
• attempted murder with gunfire
• gun battle with many deaths
• "Crime pays ... well"
• 74 uses of unacceptable language, 22 of which were the most foul of the foul words
• arguing with fair authority
• vulgar background music
• vulgar gesture
• sexual references, innuendo, and talk
• sexual intercourse (clothed)
• prostitution offer
• man and woman in bed (covered)
• homosexual suggestion
• teen drinking
• drug sale
• alcoholic beverage and drinking
Offense to God (O)(2):
• 14 uses of God's name in vain, three with the four letter expletive
• murder with blood
• bloody murder by gunfire
(2) The use of the three/four letter word vocabulary without God's name is incorporated into the Impudence/Hate Investigation Area. The use of God's name with or without the three/four letter word vocabulary is incorporated into the Offense to God Investigation Area. There is no duplication. As required of the Holy Scriptures, unless God's name is used with reverence to His glory and praise, its use is considered in vain, whether literal or euphemistic.
(3) Only portrayal of successful murder or suicide are incorporated into Murder/Suicide. Presentation of attempts to commit murder or suicide and deaths by police action or war are incorporated into Wanton Violence/Crime.