ChildCare Action Project:
Christian Analysis of American Culture (CAP)
Entertainment Media Analysis Report
Silent Fall (1994)
CAP Score: 42
CAP ID: 1.44
Thomas A. Carder
: To fully understand this report you should first visit the topics suggested by
the CAP Home Page Table of Contents.
Silent Fall presented child actors in most vulgar and offensive roles: foul language, hate, murder, pornographic abuse, masochism, and sadism.
Wanton Violence/Crime (W) took a hard blow due to
Impunity/Hate (I) lost all but its toes because of
- physical assult of an adult authority figure by a child
- presentation of blood from murdered parents
- multiple threats by a child to kill
- presentation of a child covered in blood
- a multitude of evil acts by a child
- adolescent violence in the name of autistic immunity
- insane combativeness by a child
- holding someone at gunpoint
Sex/Homosexuality (S) was had about a half load left due to
- foul language(1) -- much of it by a child
- a child banging his head on a wall
- a child running from righteous authority
The Drugs/Alcohol (D) score lost points when the teenage girl consumed wine and drugged her doctor. A bar scene was inappropriate and cost a point.
- frequent and even flippant references to child abuse (While talking about child abuse is necessary to develop means to combat it, constant and blase talk about it might desensitize the observer to the horror and gravity of child abuse.)
- inapprorpiate clothing worn inappropirately by a teen actress (showing underwear and posterior skin)
- attempt of a teen girl to seduce her doctor
- pornographic pictures of child sexual abuse and blase talk of sexual abuse.
The resultant score in the Offense to God (O) Investigation Area was less than horrible due to, of course, the frequent use of God's name in vain.(2) The zero score was too lenient.
The Murder/Suicide (M) score was gnawed down by the presentation of
In accordance with the comparative baseline database, Silent Fall was equivalent to R-rated material in Wanton Violence/Crime, Impunity/Hate, and Offense to God. The movie presented material equivalent to PG-13 material in Sex/Homosexuality and Murder/Suicide. Silent Fall was equivalent to PG material in Drugs/Alcohol. Thus, Silent Fall was equivalent to the comparative baseline data corresponding to 50% R-rated material, 33% PG-13 material, and 17% PG-rated material.
- a double murder of parents
- attempted murder by a teen
- a child begging for death
- newsprint about child suicide.
Below is the table showing the scoring in each of the Investigation Areas plus the Final Score drawn from the actual CAP Report. In addition, the number of examples per hour of unacceptable material in each of the Investigation Areas is provided.
(1) As noted in CAP Special Report-0001, "Investigation Area and Scoring Trend" Impunity/Hate was the strongest presence in all four movie classifications. I pray you will find time to read Special Report-0001. It has a strong revelation about the entertainment media.
(2) The use of the three/four letter word vocabulary is incorporated into the Impunity/Hate Investigation Area. The use of God's name in vain with and without the three/four letter word vocabulary is incorporated into the Offense to God Investigation Area.
Additional reviews of this movie may be located at "Movie Review Query Engine at Telerama."
The ChildCare Action Project (CAP) is a nonprofit Christian ministry. We rely on public support. If you wish to contribute to the CAP, please send your donations to
ChildCare Action Project
Post Office Box 177
Granbury, TX 76048-0177
Tax exemption applies in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Tax Codes.
Please feel free to write to us.
You are welcome to
Go back to the CAP Reports Page
Top of the CAP Home Page
CAP Table of Contents
or leave me an email message or comment at
Thank you for visiting us and may God bless you. Prayerfully, we will provide you with some of the most revealing commentary and investigative reporting you have ever read.
In the name of Jesus:
Lord, Master, Teacher, Savior, God.
Thomas A. Carder
ChildCare Action Project: Christian Analysis of American Culture (CAP)
Copyright ChildCare Action Project (CAP)